Monday, April 30, 2007

Mt. Joffre Solo summer ' 04


I finally got to the summit of my first Rocky Mountain in the summer of ' 04. After the four previous attempts it felt good to bag it and solo at that. I had tried in winter solo, spring solo and with a friend and then got it in summer solo. I learned a lot about the snow pack in the Rockies and that was as good as a summit on every trip.

It's a ways back there.... looks can be and are deceiving. I just kept going and going and going and it never seamed to get closer.
Loved being here by myself, the weather was perfect and I felt great !

Well my first Rocky Mountain summit picture ! I spent about 2 hours up here just eating and hanging out. I really didn't want to leave but did make my way all the way out to the truck the same day. It took me 29 hours car to car with a bivi at Aster Lake.