Friday, March 30, 2007

Professor's WI 4 29/03/07

This was my goal for the season ! It was to lead a true WI 4 and it was the 13th waterfall I have ever climbed. I have lead all but 2 and soloed 2. I think that when we climbed Professor's it was in good WI 4 shape with the last pitch being the crux, it was dry too !!! We got a short shower at the top of the third pitch but not to bad. I lead the whole route and think that it was the hardest, longest, best route I have climbed on Ice. The first and third pitches were WI 3+, the last pitch was WI4 and the rest were WI3. I had a great time on this climb with Tim B. we had awesome weather and temps that made for great ice. A bit hooked out in spots but not to bad. Thanks Tim for great day.






Tim B. at the top of the first pitch.
Me.




Rock and Ice at the bottom of the second pitch.
The Third pitch was a bit wet at the top. What a nice curtain !








Taking a load off behind the curtain.




And I'm off up the third pitch.

Almost wet now ...






I loved this short 4th pitch it was great ice to climb and Fun !







A better look.

Up close... some ice formations on the waterfall were cool.



Tim and I.





The lady sent me a text message at the bottom of the fifth pitch, 143 babe.






















This is the last 6th pitch and the crux of the climb. This is the longest hardest lead I have done to date. It was the 13th waterfall that I have ever climbed ! 11th lead. Oh Lucky #13.












It's 40 meters tall.

This is a good perspective of the size of the climb.

















Got Climbing? eh!
This was my commit point, go up or go down and of course I went up.








Tim up top, thanks for the belay brother.

I took some pictures of the rap down from the top pitch. A look down, down, down...












OOOOO yaaa!
Sweet !!


Bye Tim.


What a day !
tim shot me side ways for a sec on the last pitch and thought he had pressed play again but fat fingered it. O well.