Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Haffner Creek 07/01/21 // Attempt @ D.T. Motor Inn


Goodmorning! At the trailhead at... early. Going to David Thomson Motor Inn. A long and fat (lots of ice /thick) route of WI3. It just has a long approach up and over a ridge and up the otherside of the valley to the base of the climb.
Beautiful morning on Yamnuska! Got to love the contrast. I made it to the bottom of the right hand ridgeline and saw our day and thought.... I work tommorro, I worked yesterday, I'm way to burnt for this one right now.
But we got some great views in the morning sunlight. This is me.

Mark. We decided to go to Haffner Creek instead. Where am I pointing???? Maybe Haffner??
At Haffner now, finally.


Mark lead the ice and did a good job, with great form.
Toping out on his first lead on double ropes.
Ya don't stand here long!


Ah... mark !?

Where's uncle Josh?


I went second on top rope to set up a two ropes one on an ice route and one a mixed route.














The new Petzl Nomic icetools are sweet!









We climbed an M8- route that starts with some fun moves out of a roof and up where you see us.
Mark.