Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Columbia Falls 06/06/23


Top of Alberta Mom ! Couldn't have asked for better weather for our trip. Not a " bad"cloud for the whole time we were on the Columbia Icefield. Rare for the area. This was my 5th attempt at baggin it and that's good for this peak. As some have gone as far as 14 /15 attempts I've heard. I have tried in fall, winter, spring but got it in summer. Weather is a pain in the area.



This is what happens when you forget to " put the lotion on the skin" and 4 hours to late!!!


The Bivi.
To late! We took a nap on the Icefield for an hour. The best nap I ever had but next time I'll cover up.
Columbia on a perfect day we couldn't have asked for more.

My first look at all 12,000 + ft of Columbia. It just took me five attempts to get it.
.



Well I have bagged it, the big one in Alberta that is all 12,300 ft of it. With Scott and a random Greg. This was attempt 5 and it was good to close the chapter on this mountain as it was getting thick. The weather was awesome and the views beautiful, alpine glow on Bryce and the Twins, shadows of Columbia on Andromeda and soooo much more...